Magic Kingdom Park
The Magic Kingdom has six themed lands with dozens of attractions for kids. Preschoolers, who likely still nap, will have much more fun if they aren’t overly tired. Creating an itinerary allows a smooth day for everyone.
We created the following itinerary for preschoolers based on our experience, research, and wait times. The attractions in this guide can be spread over two days if that works best for your family.
Magic Kingdom Preschoolers Itinerary:
1.) Fantasyland: Fantasyland is North of the Cinderella Castle.
Ride these first: These attractions get the longest lines as the day goes on. (I strategically chose to head to Haunted Mansion after Peter Pan’s Flight because it’s around the corner and can have long lines most of the day. “it’s a small world” will have a short line, but it’s best to hit it on the way back to visit the princesses.)
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train – Height: 38in (97cm) or Taller (Roller Coaster, swings up and down, large lifts, and twists and turns through several sharp banks. It might be too intense for a young preschooler although they meet the height requirement.)
- Peter Pan’s Flight – Height: Any Height – Located Across from It’s a Small World Ride (Sailing in a pirate ship bound for Never Land)
- Haunted Mansion – Height: Any Height (West of Peter Pan’s Flight, Not Too Spooky)
- “it’s a small world” – Height: Any Height – Located Across from Peter Pan’s Flight
- Princess Fairytale Hall – Meet Cinderella and Elena, or Meet Rapunzel and Tiana. We pick a side, meet the princesses, then hit the other line to meet the other two.
- Prince Charming Regal Carousel – Height: Any Height
EARLY LUNCH – Have lunch before the big noon lunch rush hits. (We love the Be Our Guest Restaurant! Afterwards, you can hit a few attractions in that area before nap time, depending on your kiddos.)
When our preschooler naps in the stroller, we ride the intense rides like Splash Mountain (Height: 40in (102cm) or Taller – Big Drop,) and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (above) and ride switch or have someone stay with the sleeping preschooler while we ride.
If we eat in Fantasyland, our itinerary looks like this until 30 min. before the parade showtime:
- Enchanted Tales with Bell – Height: Any Height (The kids are selected to each play a part in Belle’s fairytale story, which ends with meeting Belle and photos — or they can choose to cheer along as you observe the fun.)
- Ariel’s Grotto – Meet Ariel
- Under the Sea – Journey of The Little Mermaid ride – Height: Any Height (Slow ride)
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh – Height: Any Height (Travel in “hunny” pots as Pooh tries to save his honey from a windstorm.)
- Mad Tea Party – Height: Any Height (Spinning)
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant – Height: Any Height
- The Barnstormer – Height: 35in (89cm) or Taller (Junior roller coaster ride)
- Pete’s Silly Side Show – Meet Pluto, Daisy Duck, Donald Duck and more
To watch the parade and avoid long lines at the attractions, head toward Splash Mountain in Frontierland about 20-30min before the parade starts. (The parade floats come out from a hidden road near the Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe.) Find a place to stand on the south side of the street, across from Splash Mountain, near the Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe. As soon as the parade floats finish going by, turn around and head straight down the path to Pirates of the Caribbean.
After Parade Itinerary
2.) Adventureland: Adventureland is Southwest of the Cinderella Castle.
- Pirates of the Caribbean – Height: Any Height (Slow ride with small drops)
- Jungle Cruise – Height: Any Height (Slow ride)
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin – Height: Any Height (Spinning)
- Meet Jasmine and Aladdin in Morocco Pavilion next to The Magic Carpets of Aladdin ride (Check available times)
3.) Character Dinner
Head to Tomorrowland
4.) Tomorrowland: Tomorrowland is Southeast of the Cinderella Castle.
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin – Height: Any Height (Interactive Slow ride)
- Astro Orbiter – Height: Any Height (Spinning)
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover – Height: Any Height (Slow ride)
- Tomorrowland Speedway – Height: 32in (82cm) or Taller (Guests who are at least 32 inches (81 cm) tall may also drive their own cars as long as they are accompanied by someone who is at least 54 inches (137 cm) tall. Racers who are at least 54 inches (137 cm) tall can drive their own gas-powered race car.)
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor – Height: Any Height (Interactive Stage Show)
4.) Happily Ever After Fireworks – Check showtimes (If you stand in front of Cinderella Castle, you can see Tinker Bell take flight over the park during the show.) Magic Kingdom Park also offers Dessert Parties with perfect views for fireworks! Advanced reservation required.
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic – Fantasyland – Height: Any Height (12-minute 3D movie Mickey’s PhilharMagic. Viewers put on “opera glasses” and see a fun, musical account of some of Disney’s best cartoons ever.)
- Country Bear Jamboree – Frontierland – Height: Any Height (Indoor Stage Show)
- Tom Sawyer Island – Frontierland – Height: Any Height (Take a piloted log raft to a less-crowded island to let your child run around and explore “secret” caves which might be too dark for some little ones).
Best Time to go to Disney World:
Click Here for the Best Time to go to Disney World 2020 with a crowd calendar.
Disclosure: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive a small affiliate commission. Regardless, we give our promise that we only recommend products or services that we use personally and believe adds value to our readers.
[…] attractions for kids, but keep in mind, there’s no need to cover everything in a single day. Click here for a guide to Magic Kingdom with Preschoolers, mapped out for one day. You can spread these over two days if that works best for your […]