Autumn is such a beautiful time of year when the leaves change colors and fall to the ground. This fall leaf activity for preschoolers was inspired by all the colorful leaves we found on our nature walk.
Fall Activity for Preschoolers
I created this fall leaf activity for preschoolers using craft supplies we have at home. You can also use real leaves you collect during a nature walk.
This post contains affiliate links. View my full Disclosure Policy for more information.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Ikea MALA Paint (Dries with a matte finish)
- Real Leaves or Leaf Sticky Back Shapes
- Paintbrushes (We use this set.)
- Container of water
- Reusable hand towel dedicated to painting or paper towel
- Reusable Paint Palette with Lid
- Flatback Rhinestones
- Craft Glue
1.) Pour one color of MALA paint onto the paint palette.
2.) Give your child one sticky back leaf and a paintbrush and ask them to paint the leaf.
3.) Once painted, set the leaf aside to dry.
4.) Repeat the process with each new color.
5.) Once the leaves are dry, give your child some flatback rhinestones and allow them to glue them on. Help your child with the glue as needed.)
6.) Allow the leaves to completely dry.
7.) Here are some ideas that you and your child can choose to do with their finished leaf craft.
- Punch a hole and add a ribbon to hang.
- Remove the sticky back and attach to a DIY card from your kiddo.
- Peel sticky back and attach leaf to a piece of card stock or construction paper to create a fall craft that you can proudly display.
MORE FUN ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS:
One of our most popular kids activities is this Blooming Puddle Paper Flowers activity.
EASY CRAFTS FOR KIDS:
If you’d like to try some easy crafts for kids, try this Wax Paper Suncatcher craft.
Disclosure: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive a small affiliate commission. Regardless, we give our promise that we only recommend products or services that we use personally and believe adds value to our readers.
Leave a Reply