As the leaves turn colors and there’s a crispness in the air, I can’t resist the desire to start making fall treats. It’s a season of cozy sweaters, crackling fires, and, of course, the irresistible allure of pumpkin-spiced everything. As we bid farewell to the warmth of summer, we welcome the rich, comforting flavors of fall into our kitchens. Today, I’m excited to share an autumn dessert that captures the essence of the season in every creamy spoonful. Get ready to embrace the symphony of fall flavors in this Creamy Pumpkin Mousse with Maple Whipped Cream Recipe.
Creamy Pumpkin Mousse with Maple Whipped Cream Recipe
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 6 Tbsp real maple syrup, divided
- 1 15-oz. can pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened, cubed
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup half & half
- Pecan halves
- Ground cinnamon, for dusting
- Ginger Snap cookies, for serving
- Beat the heavy whipping cream in a large bowl with a hand mixer until it doubles in size. Add 2 tablespoons of maple syrup and continue beating until light and fluffy. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Beat the pumpkin purée, cream cheese, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, half &half, and remaining maple syrup in a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer until thoroughly blended.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired, and transfer to individual dessert bowls. Cover and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour.
- To serve, remove from refrigerator and top with maple whipped cream, pecans, and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon, if desired. Enjoy!
Embrace the Season
This “Creamy Pumpkin Mousse with Maple Whipped Cream recipe” is not just a dessert; it’s a love letter to fall. It’s the perfect way to celebrate the changing of the seasons, from the warmth of summer to the cozy embrace of autumn. Each bite is a reminder of bonfires, pumpkin patches, and the joy of gathering around the table with loved ones.
So, as you sip your apple cider, take a stroll through fallen leaves, or cozy up with a good book, remember to treat yourself to this indulgent pumpkin mousse. Let the flavors of the season envelop you, and may every spoonful bring you the comfort and joy that fall is known for. Then try these DIY Hot Cocoa Bombs next. They’re perfect for cold weather!
I hope you enjoy making this velvety dessert as much as I do. Happy fall, and happy indulging!
Do you have any favorite fall recipes or traditions? Share them with me in the comments below, and let’s keep the feeling of autumn alive in our kitchens and hearts.